Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Campus Placement: Good CGPA is Necessary, but not Sufficient says a Senior


“after attending 15 interviews finally im in2 my dream company oracle” - Supriya Shetty



This is your senior SUPRIYA.A.SHETTY, from CSE 09-13 batch . I want to just bring it into your notice about how difficult it was for me to get placed and the reason behind it.



To begin with, even though I was a 9 pointer getting placed was not a cake walk for me. What we learn here is just theory oriented and industry people expect us to be practically strong. My first interview began with BOSCH. I was not at all prepared. I had not even opened aptitude book for it. I always had over confident that I will be placed in Accenture for sure because Accenture people had promised to hire 400+ students and also 9 pointers usually used to have direct HR round. So didn’t even feel bad when I didn’t clear the first round in BOSCH. Then came the training period. Had joined ETHNUS coaching for aptitude. We all friends never took it seriously. Used to go to fun there and enjoy because we all were 9 pointers and had hope that Accenture will have direct HR round and we will be into it. Before Accenture came I had attended many interview like Tally, and I don’t remember the names. Atleast four companies I have attended before I attended Accenture. If I had seriously prepared for any of these companies I would have easily cracked it. At the end when I realized that it was too late.
Finally we got a news telling that,”no direct HR in Accenture this time “, when there was just 15 days left for the interview. Felt very depressed and sad. I still had hope that ill be placed in Accenture. I didn’t prepare well since was over confident. When the results came I was so depressed because I couldn’t clear it. It was due to my fault. I was very over confident and didn’t prepare well.Then in that depression mood, I couldn’t clear mindtree too. Had lost all the hopes. Read complete experience here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Placement Calendar